Verse of the Day
“This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”
– Romans 13:6-7
How appropriate is that verse, considering it’s officially the end of tax season today!!? 🙂
Speaking of which, check out all the FREEBIES & discounts on tax day!
- CINNABON: Get two free bite-sized cupcakes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at participating mall locations as part of “Tax Day Bites!” Flavors include Chocolate Passion, 24-Carrot Cake, Vanilla Bliss and Cinnacake Classic.
- SUBWAY: Pick up a free oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, white chocolate macadamia nut, or chocolate chocolate chip cookie just for walking in.
- MAGGIEMOO’S: Get one free slice of ice cream pizza — ice cream with red frosting to look like sauce and white chocolate to look like cheese — at participating locations from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- STARBUCKS: Get free brewed coffee all day if you bring your own mug, a promotion the cafe chain says is friendly to the environment as well as taxpayers.
- BOSTON MARKET: For a “last-minute tax break” — one free meal for each one you buy Thursday through Sunday — show this coupon.
- IHOP: Expanding on the tax deduction parents get for kids, the restaurant chain is offering free dinner for one child age 12 or younger with each adult meal purchased 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. all month long.
Reminder: Be sure to enter my Oxygenfit Giveaway! Not enough tax day giveaways for ya?! Check with these two adorable twins for a Chobani giveaway! And this giveaway for some Vitatops from Peanut Butter & Jenny!
Last night was filled with random eats. It was pretty much the same when I got home from work. The typical granola bar + green monster for before my workout.
Frozen mixed fruit, frozen spinach, & sugar free raspberry syrup (since I was out of Diet v8 – don’t worry, I restocked!)
I hit the gym for about an 1-1/2 hours, completing my 8 miles on the elliptical after 1 hr. and burning 650 calories.
Then I used the abdominal crunch machine with 25lbs. for 3 sets of 15, the back extension with 115 lbs. for 3 sets of 20, the lat pull down machine with 45 lbs. for 3 sets of 12, and I did 3 sets of 15 sit ups on the incline bench 15 to each side/middle for each set.
When I got home I immediately had a bowl of cereal with protein banana split milk. I was starvin’ marvin’! Guess that’s what a loss of about 700 calories will do to ya 😉
While I was waiting for my entree (broccoli slaw) & sweet tater to finish steaming in the microwave, I munched on some frozen peas.
When then were finally done cooking, I assembled the broccoli slaw with ff cottage cheese + light ragu.
It tastes like a mixture between sweet lasagna & spaghetti!
Then, I had my cooked sweet potato on the side with some sugar free syrup.
Alll together, now 😉
Yes, I recycled my cereal bowl. Just wash n’ reuse! The less dishes, the better.
Packing my lunch was nice since I didn’t have to unpeel any more hardboiled eggs and omit the yolks! It was sooo simple.
I mixed my Oikos with 1/8 C. SF Log Cabin & lots of cinnamon. The fiber one is for topping my yogurt at work, and the honey mustard was made prepped the same way as the Oikos! Just some mustard in place of yogurt 😉”]
For dessert last night, I ate an apple & some Sugar Free black cherry jello.
My family was at a banquet for the basketball team since my Dad is an assistant coach, so I was completely on my own for most of the night.
I showered up, and did some facebooking while watching America’s Next Top Model. Anyone got a favorite yet?
I’m soooo ready for this weekend! I’m heading to Lancaster to stay with my Aunt and adorrrrable cousins! I haven’t seen them for far too long and am anticipating a fun trip!
Happy Tax Day!