Cheesy Sweet Potato Crisps (Epicurious-revised)
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 C. Reduced fat, finely shredded cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano)
2 Egg whites
1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
1/4-1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I’d use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze)
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- Sweetener to taste (I’d use Splenda)
1. In a cup, mix the coffee powder and sweetener into the milk.
2. Make coffee ice cubes and freeze
3. Blend in your Vita-Mix, blender, or food processor, and scoop out with an ice cream scoop.
Cauliflower Rice with Mint and Pistachio
Cauliflower Pistachio Mint Rice (serves 1)
5 oz cauliflower
1/2 oz pistachios
1/8 cup (packed) EACH basil and mint
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp raisins
Directions: Break the cauliflower into smallish pieces and toss into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade. Pulse till the cauliflower is broken into rice-sized pieces. Add pistachios and pulse a few more times; add all the remaining ingredients and pulse a few times more, till the mix is even and well combined.Serve over a salad or with steamed vegetables, and garnish with lemon zest.